Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Peace and Hope

Peace and Hope

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of GodNot only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseveranceperseverance, character; and character, hopeAnd hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
Romans 5:1-5

My mom sent me this scripture today. We are learning to trust in this peace and hope that gives us our strength to go on every day. 

God is good no matter what. Through it all HE IS GOOD! 

We are often taught that  "God will never give us more than we can handle." I went most of my life angry at God because I never understood why bad things were happening when God would never give me more than I could handle. 

I have come to learn in 26 years that God WILL give us more than we can handle because when we get to the point of giving up we should cling tightest to Him and not our own efforts. 

So, this is what I am doing. For me personally, life right now is a roller-coaster of emotions. One day I am happy, no...I would more say OK, then the next day I am angry, and the next I am sad. People have told me lately they are impressed with how "poised" I am and that "I seem to be handling everything so well..." I just laugh to my self because this is NOT how I feel at all. I am a wreck. 

I learned a few years ago after much counseling and discipleship training that it is OK to be sad, it is OK to cry, it is OK to be a wreck. It does not mean I am weak. I am owning that. 

In the middle of finding out daddy's diagnosis God was sending me promises and messages through many different people. These messages were coming through Facebook, Instagram, sermons, and songs. Each one the same. The message was this "It is well, with my soul" I laughed a snarky laugh and said, "God, it is not well with my soul. I am no where close to being well in my soul. I am so angry with you. How could you even begin to say 'it is well with my soul?'" And then I realized he wasn't saying that my soul was well at that moment, he was saying I needed to make peace and grasp onto the truth that my soul CAN AND WILL be well. He is making beauty through this battle. 

So I will share the song that is my battle cry right now, It Is Well by Bethel

My favorite line in the song is this,

Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea

Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well

So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name

The waves and wind still know His name! How awesome is that? 

I hope in the middle of our battle you can learn with us. I hope this blog can help bring peace to others struggling and that more and more will learn about PSP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment